LinuxCNC 2.8.3 has been released.
This is, again, mainly a bugfix release, but includes a new GUI (“Craftsman”)built on Glade.
All users are encouraged to update.
A new ISO is likely to follow in time, but this should be an automatic update for most installed 2.8 systems.
Note that at the moment there is no kernel-space RTAI (2.8.3-rt) package for Buster. It is likely that a 2.8-rt package will be made available in a few days, but it is possible to run linuxcnc-uspace on an RTAI kernel if the additional package linuxcnc-uspace-rtai is installed.
Thanks to the following contributors:
- Charles-Xavier Roy
- Chris Morley
- Dewey Garrett
- Greg Carl
- Hans Unzner
- Håvard Flaget Aasen
- Jeff Epler
- Jerry Trantow
- John Thornton
- Norbert Schechner
- Petter Reinholdtsen
- Phillip Carter
- Piet van Rensburg
- Rene Hopf
- Sebastian Kuzminsky
- Steffen Möller
The abridged changelog:
- CraftsmanCNC: A new GUI written from scratch Intended for CNC router
- Merge pull request #1706 from hansu/gmoccapy-fix-buttonstate-settings-2.8
- command.c: EMCMOT_JOINT_ABORT set joint jog inactive
- Several patches from zz912 to improve translations
- Gmoccapy - many updates
- PNCconf bug - bad arrow
- Update cpu_info.c for Raspberry revision 1.5
- qtvcp -file_manager: fix indent error
- task: disallow task mode change if jogging
- Fix the building of packages (broken by Japanese docs)
- carousel: Fix homing bug.
- qtvcp - many updates
- docs: added japanese PDF docs from MasaoSakai (https://github.com/MasaoSakai/LinuxCNC)
- docs: many updates
- docs: make an index.html page for the PDF docs
- Merge pull request #1644 from alkabal/alkabal-2.8-xhc-whb04b-6
- Several pull requests from elovalvo/
- Update for new version of Rpi400
- mb2hal: added pins to manpage
- Merge pull request #1641 from JTrantow/2.8
- Change EDITOR = geany. Restore more generous dirhold and dirsetup timing.
- Updated the gantry example
- linuxcncrsh: check for errors when creating listening socket
- gscreen -fix error related to keyboard jogging and limit switch
- getting-linuxcnc.txt list alternate keyserver
- axis.py: stop continuous jogs if mdi tab #1519
- mitsub_vfd docs: several updates
- improved german translation
- plasmac: many updates
- FIxed IRC webclient URL
- Update man-pages for latency-* scripts.
- Docs: Update RTAI install instructions.
- Merge pull request #1234 from LinuxCNC/fix-md5-sum
- Update getting-linuxcnc_es.txt
- Update getting-linuxcnc-cn.txt
- Fix MD5 / SHA256 sums
- docs: fix some minor glitches in INI config docs.
- Docs add axis lathe info and images
- pncconf: several updates
- pncconf -raise the stepper timing maximum to 50000
- Merge pull request #1199 from LinuxCNC/shuttle
- parport: Clarify messages when parport_pc has not found the device.
- Docs: Bump kernel version for RTAI in “Getting LinuxCNC”
- shuttle: driver and docs updates
- full update xhc-whb04b-6 for 2.8
(The full changelog is here: http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?2.8.XRelease )