Yaskawa Servomotors

More
10 Sep 2014 03:42 #50988 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Stepper/Servo Control

Hey John
thanks for the response. I've since updated my email so all is good there. i agree that a lot of questions are better asked on the board to get collective answers ,, but also when you find someone that has successfully done what you are attempting to do , it's not a bad practice to follow their lead ,, at least until you figure things out enough to come up with a plan of your own... I vaguely remember the email now , but I believe it was pertaining to my plasma table.

Your memory is better than mine, I can't remember what it was LOL.

JT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2018 18:57 #115542 by Duane
Replied by Duane on topic Stepper/Servo Control
I am trying to put together a 'portable' test setup using 4 200V 100W Sigma II Yaskawa amps and servos. I want to drive the the setup using just my PC and it looks like using LinuxCNC is probably the fastest way to get there. Any help on wiring diagrams would be great. Can I drive the amps/servos using only the CN3 connection to my PC? I.e. can I ignore the CN1 connectors?

I have 4 SGDH-01AE amps and 4 SGMAH-01AAA21. Will I need to also get 4 Magnetic Contactors to control the power to the servos from the amps? Any help would be appreciated. I am an experience software developer and I have worked on embedded controls, but I am new to CNC amps/servos.
Attachments:

More
03 Aug 2018 19:54 #115548 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Stepper/Servo Control
Can you please post links to pdf ? I just went through two of those and one was for 22KW and higher and the other was for linear motors that can be controlled by them !
That with linear motors got me thinking...... how hard would it be to make one ? I have some ideas, but not time.

More
05 Aug 2018 00:55 #115627 by Duane
Replied by Duane on topic Stepper/Servo Control
Attached

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

are some manuals that I have downloaded from Yaskawa's website
Attachments:

More
05 Aug 2018 01:30 - 05 Aug 2018 01:33 #115630 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic Stepper/Servo Control
I've used these motors and drives on a few machines. Easiest to use mesa 5i25/7i77.
Works like a charm. encoders into 7i77, velocity, speed ref +-10v, 7i77. Doesnt get easier than that.

These are work horses and pretty easy to setup. You cant break them.

/EDIT Try to get the little operator 1.5" square module if it down't have it built in, that way you can change settings on the drive if it is not setup as velocity.
You only need one, can connect to each with one.

Get the wiring manual from Yaskawa site.

Bob
Last edit: 05 Aug 2018 01:33 by bevins.

More
06 Aug 2018 16:17 #115675 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Stepper/Servo Control
For a simple demo / testing config it probably makes more sense to use step/dir control and the parallel port. (If you have a parallel port, if not then it generally makes more sense to buy a 5i25 than to buy a "real" parallel port.)

Time to create page: 0.318 seconds