change status of an toggle button

More
27 Aug 2014 19:51 - 27 Aug 2014 19:53 #50340 by hardware_crash
Hey guys,

I hope I´m in the right sub forum.

I´m new to glad and building panels with it .
Actually I have problems wit the toggle buttons .

I would like to make a second button to control the iocontrol.0.coolant-flood output.
I wish that I can activate the coolant-flood with the original axis checkbox and with an other toggle button in an extra gladevcp panel.

But I dont know how to connect the axis checkbox with the button and how they can influence each other so when the axis checkbox is ticked also the button is pressed ??

Is there a way to activate (SIgnal in Glade) the toggle button if another signal is true ?

Thanks for your replys.
Last edit: 27 Aug 2014 19:53 by hardware_crash.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2014 18:09 #50388 by ArcEye
Hi

No-one is biting, so I might as well.

I am not the person to tell you about glade or python, I don't use either, but the co-ordinating of UI's with the underlying system is a common problem.

Axis does not expect other UI's to duplicate its own functions, so it is quite possible to do things that leave Axis showing a contrary indication.

Generally things like machine-on / off, Estop etc work OK and you can test by launching Linuxcnc (Axis) and then from a terminal running halcmd setp halui.machine-off for instance, and see the state change in Axis.
However if you use the halui joint selection pins for example, they have no effect upon which axis is shown as the currently selected one in Axis, because that is internal housekeeping and not synchronised.

If you really want to synchronise Axis indicators with your widgets, you might have to create extra pins in axisui that link to the relevant function in Axis.
This is nothing major and even a non python programmer like me can do it and indeed I have in the past.

Then you will be actually triggering axis to toggle the flood coolant for example, so you will always be synchronised

regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: mhaberlerHansU
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds