MC 500V Minimaster retrofit

More
06 Sep 2015 08:05 #62156 by Ldguinn1
Ok hi everyone. Have an MC500 v I am going to retrofit. I know that it is servo drive +- 10 v. Has a 16 tool carousel I would like to function. What recommendations of mesa boards will allow this? Looking at the 6i25 and 7i77 combination.Are there. Any other options that would help to put this retrofit on a fast track? Thanks in advance for recommendations
Lyle Guinn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Sep 2015 03:35 #62172 by skunkworks
Not going with mach? :)

www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,28730.30.html

That is a great combo. How much I/O do you need? The 7i77 comes with 48. You could get something like the 7i69 would give you an extra 48 and hook into the 7i77. (Plus it is compatible with opto22 boards)

store.mesanet.com/index.php?route=produc...83_88&product_id=113

Sam

More
07 Sep 2015 08:31 #62178 by Ldguinn1
Ha you caught me... B) was looking at all options. But since I already use linuxcnc on a lathe. Decided to stay with it. Not to mention the slight difference in cost of just getting the hardware ( boards and such) :) thanks for the insight on the other board in the event that I need more w/o.
Lyle

More
08 Sep 2015 17:42 - 08 Sep 2015 17:43 #62237 by andypugh

Has a 16 tool carousel I would like to function.

The latest (2.7 release) of LinuxCNC has a sample carousel toolchanger configuration with a Vismach model. You should be able to get pretty close by copying that, but with changes to the G-code routine to suit your specific changer.

In the config chooser look at sim/axis/vismach/VMC_toolchange. It will run without any hardware attached.
Last edit: 08 Sep 2015 17:43 by andypugh.

More
09 Sep 2015 10:12 #62298 by JR1050
Replied by JR1050 on topic MC 500V Minimaster retrofit
Yasnac or Fanuc? If Yasnac, you will have to change the encoders, they are 12v ,you will.also have to figure out how to interface into the mk2 spindle drives orientation card, as this uses a magnetic switch to.orient the spindle. If Fanuc, you can keep the encoders, but fanuc motors have no tachs, so you will need to send an analog tach voltage back to.the fanuc drives, you will.have the same problems as the guys who.did the mazak mill. I believe there is a way to do.this with mesa gear. The Fanuc spindle.drive also uses some sort of orientation board. I used to.own a mc500/with the mx1 Yasnac. I have a 760 v2 with an mx1 slated for a new control....

More
09 Sep 2015 11:13 #62301 by Ldguinn1
Well ok then. Since it is a Yasnac i guess I need to figure out the encoder and spindle drive. That I am sure won't be all but gives a starting point. That and waiting for mesa to get the boards in. Going with the 6i25 and 7i77. Will work out things as I get to them. Thanks for everyone's ideas. Will update as things progress.
Lyle

More
09 Sep 2015 23:00 #62328 by andypugh

Well ok then. Since it is a Yasnac i guess I need to figure out the encoder and spindle drive.

I think that PCW has suggested a simple voltage-divider to connect 12V encoders to the Mesa card 5V inputs in the past.

More
13 Oct 2015 07:56 #63726 by Ldguinn1
Ok sorry i've been MIA.

Carpal tunnel surgery sux. :(

So I finally got my mesa boards, 6i25, 7i77. Started tracing wiring, realized its probably time to start pulling the boards such as the yasnac motherboard, memory boards and such.that would help with wire tracing, the wires are bundled about an inch thick. I need to order optocouplers for the encoders. i have cpcr-mr 052gyo b servopacks, I ifgured out the output but not the input yet. and what looks like a cps-25 for power distribution to the packs. So baby steps, but at least they are steps.

Lyle

More
15 Oct 2015 11:25 #63769 by JR1050
Replied by JR1050 on topic MC 500V Minimaster retrofit
Cps 25 is a 5,12 ,24 vdc supply for the original.control and machine logic, relays sensors ect. If you have transistor drives, they will have a separate 100vdc supply. If you have the older scr drives they will be fed with AC and have contactors on them. The I/ o is handled by two other boards which are usually jancd - something. Out put will be the huge rack of ice cube relays in the door. The yaskawa encoders use some weird signals and if I remember, are not differential. Did you have an mx-1 or 3000g?

More
15 Oct 2015 18:25 #63775 by skunkworks
We are at the starting stages of converting our matsuura. It is a yasnac mx1 control. The documentation we have seems to show 5v differential encoders. (Have not physically looked at them..)

sam

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.310 seconds