Charge pump

More
04 Apr 2015 01:36 - 07 Apr 2015 02:51 #57493 by yeltrow
Charge pump was created by yeltrow
Built a new charge pump circuit from my junk box today. I am doing as my wife suggested and sharing it with those who could potentially appreciate it. It has a TTL output that is HIGH when 10kHz present, LOW when not (for resetting TTL based driver boards that have an active low reset). I also put a relay on it to tie into my safety circuit on the Shizuoka AN-S I am building up.

Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Apr 2015 02:51 by yeltrow. Reason: Attached Schematic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2015 05:29 #57534 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Charge pump
That isn't a prototyping method I have seen before. Are you using copper-clad board with little trips of the same glued to the top?

For that sort of thing I tend to use dot-board and Verowire.

More
06 Apr 2015 21:41 - 06 Apr 2015 21:48 #57582 by yeltrow
Replied by yeltrow on topic Charge pump
Yes, that is precisely exactly what I did. It is a variation on a technique called "Manhattan construction" that a lot of ham radio guys use. I use a bandsaw to cut thin strips and then snip them to a size with diagonal cutters to make islands. I then superglue them to a base piece of PCB. For surface mount parts, it works pretty well. The SOT-23's can be a little frustrating, but the strips can be brought to a sharp point to make them easier. It is supposed to be good for very high frequency (VHF) work because of the generous ground plane it affords. I have used various through-hole (dot or vectorboard) techniques too -- It just depends on what kind of parts I have laying around and how small I want it to be. I am looking for a source in the U.S. of the verowire pen. It looks like a great tool! It is kind of fun to make something that is so tiny.
Last edit: 06 Apr 2015 21:48 by yeltrow.

More
07 Apr 2015 08:05 #57597 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Charge pump

I am looking for a source in the U.S. of the verowire pen. It looks like a great tool! It is kind of fun to make something that is so tiny.

You can do a lot with just the pens, but the plastic combs help a lot for complex stuff. This is a rather extreme example: www.desdes.com/pictures/design/kvm%2068030%20card.html

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds