Load LinuxCNC 2.6 with wheezy

More
01 Dec 2014 10:57 #53555 by pop
I have emc2.4 and am trying to upgrade to 2.6 using the iso. Downloaded checked the m5sum all is well. Boot from the DVD and the program loads. All seems to work well. but no setup for install to the harddrive. Only works from the cd. Maybe I don't understand. I thought that this would load like an initial install. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2014 11:25 #53556 by cmorley
When you say it only works from the cd, do you mean you couldn't figure out how to install to harddrive or
that the installed version didn't work?

if it's the first problem - then look at the first screen that pops up - you install from there not from the desktop.

If it's the second problem then we need more detail.

Chris M
The following user(s) said Thank You: pop

More
01 Dec 2014 11:55 #53558 by pop
Replied by pop on topic Load LinuxCNC 2.6 with wheezy
Chris,

There was no opportunity to install. Once the startup began it continued without interruption. when completed the debian grey screen comes up and the programs included seem to work . But each time you try one it hits the DVD. There was no opportunity to do a setup. Didn't ask for passwords, how to configure. nothing.

More
01 Dec 2014 13:13 #53560 by pop
Sorry for the time Chris, I didn't pay close attention to the load and loaded the live version. My fault. Sorry for the waste of time. Thanks again for your prompt response.

Pop

More
01 Dec 2014 13:15 #53561 by cmorley
that is strange.
There should be a screen that comes up almost immediately that lets you choose the kernel that you wish to use.
Under that choice is the graphical or text base install options.

Chris M

More
01 Dec 2014 21:09 #53578 by pop
yes there is a screen that gives options for install. I just didn't really pay attention and it didn't sink in right away.
There are 2 live load options stating rtai 3. something(caught my eye since when i load regularly I have a screen that says rtai 2.4.6 )
3 other load options that say something about graphical, text and failsafe, and an advanced with submenu.

I loaded the graphical and it went through the setup procedure just fine.
The only problem now is that i ran a latency test and it went from 30000 on the old 2.4 version to 85000 on the new and the program froze on shutdown.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds